cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec reports restore is 100% successful but no data is restored

Level 2
I'm using backup exex v9.0 on a dell box with dell pv122t autoloader.

some background info:

each night i do a FULL backup of the company file server..

Backup exec reports 243Gb are backed up (the same quantity of data on the drive)

if i try and restore a folder with many subfolers and files backup exec reports that even though the restore was 100% succesful, no data (zero bytes) was restored.

if something dies and i lose any data i'm up s*** creek without a paddle, so any help is very very much appreciated!

Phil
4 REPLIES 4

Chaitanya_Khurj
Level 6
Hi there,

Does the Backup Exec Service Account have Domain Admin and Adminsitrator rights ?

In the restore window, in the General tab, have you selected skip if existing file is more recent ?

Are you trying to restore some deleted files locally or to another server ?

Maybe you could paste the restore job log as well as the backup job log in your next post.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Level 2
Hi
thanks for the reply

yes, the backup exec service account is a member of the domain admin group.

as regards skip if more recent; i am redirecting the files to a different server so BEWS is not encountering any files it may/may not have to overwrite.

job log to follow. regards
Phil

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

It would better if you could check whether any files are visible at all in the "restore selections" tab in Backup Exec.

What is the operating system of the server to which the files are being redirected?

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.