cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Fails due to Corrupted Folder

Chris_Johnson_6
Not applicable

I've been having this problem for the last couple of months on one of our servers during a full backup. Differential backups are never affected. A reboot of the affected server doesn't help. Since it's not a critical part of the server for recovery I haven't been to worried about it. But now I'm going to be training a new individual and would rather resolve the issue.

In the 'Job Log' I get the following error:

Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\webmail.XXXX.XXX\C:
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory ꓨĎ抈ԥb\wmiislog.
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.

The problem is that I can't see that folder or directory. I've ran CHKDSK and DEFRAG on the drive with no errors reported.

Since this server is a front facing (behind a firewall) OWA server I figured maybe it was infected or had been owned. But after checking our network and IDS/IPS logs the server doesn't make any unusal or requests other than those needed for general OS needs and OWA actions. I also ran  multiple 'ROOT KIT' and malware/spyware checkers with nothing being reported. This server does currently run AV software and I've done online and offline checks with no errors either.

With that said I've tested a restore of the backup to another server and it runs fine in the lab, it just triggers a failed job in the log reports during backup. I've tried to go in and put an exception into the backup logs but because the directory name doesn't make sense it can't be added.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

0 REPLIES 0