Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Job Failing, AOFO: Initialization failure on

Eugene_Mitton
Level 2
Hi

I have a problem where my Backup Job Keeps failing. The error I get is:
Backup- DC1
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Server\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.

All the info on the Net says I am not running Advanced Open File Option and I can test by searching for VSP.SYS file in Drivers Dir on the remote Server. I have done this and the file is there.

This problems is only happening some times, failed last night but was successful the night before.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Guy_Jacobs
Level 3
Hi Eugene

I have the same error message also on a DC, but I don't have the AOFO option selected anywhere for the job. It's also not installed on the DC. You could try checking the version of beremote.exe on the client server. To do that search for it and then go to properties --> Version and check that it is the same as the media server.

Guy

Eugene_Mitton
Level 2
Hi

Thanks for the info.
I have checked the version of this file and it is 10.0.5484.0 on both servers.

Thanks
Eugene

Guy_Jacobs
Level 3
Hi Eugene

Check the following:
The service account for BE must be a domain admin for the appropriate domain. It must also be a local admin on the client server. Then change your policies as per this doc: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254239.htm
This solved it for me, hopefully it works for you too.

Regards

Guy

Eugene_Mitton
Level 2
Hi

My backup actually worked last night, without me doing anything. Weird one. Thank for the info. Will keep this if something like this should happen again.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

Please give us an update on the same.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.