cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Job for Lotus Notes Server

Joji
Level 5
I have successfully installed the remote agent on the Lotus Notes server. When I started creating a new job for the Lotus server, on the backup selections, I clicked on the Lotus Notes server and BE would hanged after several minutes. I tried these steps several times and even rebooted the BE server and still no luck. Please advise.
3 REPLIES 3

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi Joji,

A Lotus database backup performed with the Backup Exec Lotus Agent may hang or fail with the error 'The journal entry has been deleted from the journal'

Ensure you apply the hotfix for the Backup Exec 11D built you are currently running.
Then update the remote agents .

Regards,
Harmstrong
Symantec

Joji
Level 5
But the issue begins when I try to create a backup job for the Lotus Notes server. Just choosing the the drives and databases to backup, BE hangs. Then I would reboot the media server and start the same steps. The same results would come up.
Thanks.

Joji
Level 5
I am still waiting for a resolution from Symantec regarding this issue. Please keep in mind that Lotus Domino severs are critical servers in our organization and need to be backed up daily. I haven't had a successful backup since this issue started. I also noticed that that are other users with the same issue and have not gotten any response from Symantec also. Thanks.