cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup NetWare Server Agent Failure

Troy_Frette_2
Level 3
I have succesfully installed the Netware Agent from my Backup Exec 10 server (Windows 2003 server). I don't have any firewalls enabled, and am able to browse the server for selections and select directories to backup. When I try to run the backup, I get an error "Remote Agent not detected on File System" and the backup fails.

What aspect of the agent could be at fault if I can browse to the server, login to it through the backup wizard, and select the files but not actually run a backup? If it matters, this is a new server installation and not an upgrade.
3 REPLIES 3

Troy_Frette_2
Level 3
It seems that someone else had a long struggle with this very same issue. http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=53080

I have applied the 9.1 version of the NetWare agent and it seems to write files to the tape. The proof will be in whether or not I can restore them, I guess.

In any event, is it true that we need to use the 9.1 client with the 5520 version of BE 10.0? .

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Can you please mention the exact error message that you are getting alongwith the error code ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Troy_Frette_2
Level 3
Job ended: Monday, September 19, 2005 at 7:42:57 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009443 - Error connecting to the Backup Exec Remote Agent for NetWare Servers. Make sure that the Remote Agent NetWare is running on the target computer.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37955

Errors

Backup- SERVER1.NetWare File SystemRemote Agent not detected on SERVER1.NetWare File System.

For what it is worth, the target server has the following system software:
Novell NetWare 6
Support Pack Revision 04
Server Version 5.60.04 December 12, 2003
Novell eDirectory Version 8.7.0 SMP
NDS Version 10411.02 May 2, 2003