cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Schedule lost during config

Matt_Pollicove
Level 4
I've been having some issues when configuring backup jobs.

If I edit a Backup Job for any reason, the scheduling information is lost and it seems the only way to get the config to save the schedule is to delete the job and then re enter it.

This is frustrating at best since I know if I have to make the tiniest change I'm looking at redoing the whole config.

I don't think it's a permissions issue since the job saves when first created and the other changes I made do stick.

Is there a way to edit the config file directly? Or are they stored directly in the database?

I'm using BE 9.1 for Windows Servers with no other options installed.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Matt,

This issue arises after editing the existing job definitions from the Job Monitor or Job Definitions tab, if both the job name and job description fields are edited after the jobs were created and scheduled.

You can refer to the following document.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237369.htm

Please write us back if we have not understood your problem.

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Matt_Pollicove
Level 4
Shraddha,

Will this also work with BE 9.1?

Thanks

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

"scheduling information is lost " means the jobs do not run according to Schedule atall ?

-Does this job run everyday or weekly ?

Is there a way to edit the config file directly? No
Or are they stored directly in the database? Yes

-You can rescheduled it from properties of that job by right clicking on the job !!

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Matt_Pollicove
Level 4
If I go to adjust the backup job no scheduling information appears. all I see is the default scheduling options. in job monitor the job does not show as "recurring"

I'll try doing the right click on the job I've always done it directly from the configuration setup

Matt_Pollicove
Level 4
The problem is still occuring I go in and right click from the Job Setup Screen and change the schedule to run all days with a start no earlier than 10pm and no later than 11:59pm

After I save the changes the Recurring value for the job briefly changes to yes nad then goes to no.

Any Ideas? I am using Backup Exec 9.1 Rev 4691.

Thanks

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Do you receive any error message?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Matt_Pollicove
Level 4
No I do not. Is there a way I can call the backup job from an external scheduler?

Thanks

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi Matt,

Is there a way I can call the backup job from an external scheduler?
*No

Also run repair installation of BE and try rescheduling the job ...

Repairing Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm

Have you also installed BE 9.1 SP4a ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Rather than a Right CLick\Schedule do a Right Click\Properties to display or edit the currnet schedule for a jobMessage was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Matt_Pollicove
Level 4
That's what I've been doing. Job still lists as not recurring.

This is very frustrating

Matt_Pollicove
Level 4
Gauri,

I've tried this as well... No luck. Is there a way to directly edit this in the database?

Thanks

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please run a database repair:

How to run a Backup Exec database repair when the original Backup Exec database is found to be inconsistent

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.