cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup are restoring empty folders without any data

solim
Level 3

Hi there,

I'm just looking for a confirmation. I'm using Backup Exec 2010  No problems.

I was just testing a userhome data restore, once with the destination being a Redirect to file and once with a redirect to a temp restore .

I've noticed that it will create the full data in file format on the c:\temp folder. When I do restoring data my process is completed successfully. My backup is on the tape, but when i see the restoring data there i see only empty folders and nothing any documents.Why it is so.I cannot resolve it. Is anybody help me

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

When you restore data, it doesn't stage anywhere...this is only for application data like Exchange.

You restore to the original location, or to another location...no staging takes place.

With regards to the empty folders, check that your media server is fully patched. If not, do so, and then try again...

THanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

When you restore data, it doesn't stage anywhere...this is only for application data like Exchange.

You restore to the original location, or to another location...no staging takes place.

With regards to the empty folders, check that your media server is fully patched. If not, do so, and then try again...

THanks!

festrel
Not applicable

Hi,

I did a system Restore on my system

when the computer resumed i could see my Folders but no Music files in it

I could see my Movie folder but no Media in those folders

My C drive still shows same space occupied which means the data is still in my system but I cant see it

i read your comment above about Media Server being fully Patched -- i dont know what you mean by that

Please help ! explain what i should do -

thanks

kanishak sharma

CraigV

...just make sure those files aren't being excluded. If they are, it will explain why your files aren't being restored correctly.