cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exchange 2010 + agent

jaska
Level 3

I have have again problem backing up exchange 2010. First i have BE was installed x32, it's now fixed and again i have thinking couple days this strange problem..

Specs :
BE 2010 r2 and x64
Server 2008 r2 x64

- Exchange agent is intalled
- I have own exchange backup account, it's member : exchange server local administrator group, domain admins, administrators, exchange organization group

Database Availability Group is grayed out and information store show 0kb

i have install agent again, reboot server etc.. read different forums and manual but i don't get it what is wrong :(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Do you get any error when you run the backup ? I had seen similar issue in the past the size of the store in the selection show up as 0kb , but the backup runs fine . Try running the backup and see if it runs Ok ,

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you checked this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136312

and your BE service account has no hidden mailbox ?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

And do you have installed the Exchange 2010 management tools on the Backup Exec media server ?

jaska
Level 3

Exchange 2010 management tools BE media server

Yes i have checked that article many times..

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Do you have your exchange server configured in DAG configuration ? if not Select the database under the exchange server if server not in Dag

Also check for the following

Check exchange system attendentat is started on the exchange server
Make sure you are able to ping the virtual nodes ip adderess
Set ip for the dag if not set

jaska
Level 3

I have one just one exchange server, do i need DAG configuration?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

IF you have just one exchange server you cannot configure DAG... Just make your exchage backup selection from the exchange server itself i.e I mean by expanding windows server resources and under Database Availability Group

jaska
Level 3

When i make new backup job --> source --> selections --> servername --> microsoft information store i cannot manage mailbox database and size shows that is 0kb.

I have own execbackup and its member domain admin, exchange organization, administrators etc...

I think also that i cannot configure DAG

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Do you get any error when you run the backup ? I had seen similar issue in the past the size of the store in the selection show up as 0kb , but the backup runs fine . Try running the backup and see if it runs Ok ,

jaska
Level 3

Hi

Back up is running, it's shows me that information store size is 0kb but backup is running fine.

also restore is working.

Thank you very much information :)