cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 12.5

Todd_Houghtalin
Not applicable
Had Backup exec 11d on my new servers as a trial tried to install backup exec 12.5 but will not allow me to create any backups.  I was trying to go throuhg the backup exec cps console for 12.5 what is the way to proceed.  I'm actually trying to back up to a tapebackup

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Backup Exec 12.5 should give you a 60-day trial license, so first things first, I would check that the license hasn't expired.
The easiest way is to simply open up Backup Exec, and check at the top...it will show you: x-days of 60 days used, or something to that effect.
I've upgraded all our servers from 11D to 12.5 using the trial license, whilst waiting for our 12.5 licenses, and haven't had any problems.
You can also check that all your services have started up correctly, and if you're backing up to tape, send a job to disk and see if you get the same issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Backup Exec 12.5 should give you a 60-day trial license, so first things first, I would check that the license hasn't expired.
The easiest way is to simply open up Backup Exec, and check at the top...it will show you: x-days of 60 days used, or something to that effect.
I've upgraded all our servers from 11D to 12.5 using the trial license, whilst waiting for our 12.5 licenses, and haven't had any problems.
You can also check that all your services have started up correctly, and if you're backing up to tape, send a job to disk and see if you get the same issue.