cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 9.1 Laptop recovery issue!! Urgent Help needed!!!

Rasim_Ustun
Level 3
Hi,

Currently i am using BE 9.1 on my windows 2000 Server. It has the Desktop/ Laptop Option installed.

Recently one of our laptops failed and i tried to recover the latest backup from the tapes.

Every single file i have recovered from the tapes is corrupted (overall size is ~4GB). Word/Excel/Powerpoint documents are all in Gibberish language. Zipped files are corrupted.

whats the best way to go about recovering these files!

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Ras
6 REPLIES 6

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

This could happen if encryption is enabled during Backup.In that case you can redirect a restore of encrypted user data to an alternate computer or location and it will be decrypted during the restore

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Rasim_Ustun
Level 3
I have tried various different locations to recover the data to , including

external usb HDD
Mapped a network drive to my laptop and recovered on to that.

That did not seem to help .

any other suggestions ?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Did you take the backup of your NUDF from Backup Exec and now you are trying to restore?

In that case you have to restore the backup on tape done by BEWS to the NUDF again and then restore from the DLO console

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Rasim_Ustun
Level 3
any detailed information on this one ? how to restore the back up on tape by BEWS to NUDF then resotre from the DLO console?

Level 3
Hello,

How have you backed up the data?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Do you get any error message which indicates that the files are corrupted? Along with Word, Excel files, are there also .pst files? If yes, refer to the following technote in order to resolve the problem:

Title: Terminating the Desktop and Laptop Option client during the backup of a Microsoft Personal Folders File (pst) may cause corruption of the .pst file.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/269284

For additional infomation on restoring DLO, refer to Pages 1219-1223 in the administrator's manual for Backup Exec 9.1. Here is the link for the download:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266190

Hope this helps. In case of further doubts, revert with details on the exact error message.

Regards.