cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failing due to items not included in the selection list!

Paul_Cole
Level 3
Hi,

For quite a while now, I have had a problem with the backup of one of our Domino Servers. It is failing on the following:

The item RUBICON-PDG03|C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\tmp\pscript.ntf in use - skipped.
The item RUBICON-PDG03|C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\pscript.ntf in use - skipped.
The item RUBICON-PDG03|C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\2\HPBOEM80.NTF in use - skipped.
The item RUBICON-PDG03|C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\2\PSCRIPT.NTF in use - skipped.
The item RUBICON-PDG03|C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\HPBOEM80.NTF in use - skipped.
The item RUBICON-PDG03|C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\HPOEM.NTF in use - skipped.
The item RUBICON-PDG03|C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpzfn3xy.NTF in use - skipped.
The item RUBICON-PDG03|C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\PSCRIPT.NTF in use - skipped.

I don't think these are critical to the recovery of the server if something went wrong so removed them from the selection list, yet it still fails on these items. I have the open file agent running on this server and have also tried re-creating the job to no avail. We have a scheduled task which runs each night to shut the domino services down to allow that area to backed up successfully. Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks

Paul
7 REPLIES 7

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
These files have been selected using the Domino Agent. Have you removed them from within the Domino Agent or just within windows?
The syntax for use of the Domino agent is | instead of \
eg. servername|Data as opposed to \\servername\data.

Hope this helps?

Gilly

Paul_Cole
Level 3
Hi Gilly,

My next question is, how do I access the agent? I am fairly new to this product and everything I have picked up has been through trial and error really.... Mostly error!

Thanks

Paul

Paul_Cole
Level 3
Just a small update, after searching the KB for related topics I came across this technote: http://support.veritas.com/docs/254460

After reading this, I have come to the conclusion that maybe the Domino agent isn't installed on the server I require backing up. The agent IS however, installed on the backup exec server.
What I was a bit reluctant to do, was follow these instructions as it appears to mention a re-installation of Backup Exec server. Won't doing this cause a problem with everything I have already setup on the backup server?

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Paul,

Are you saying that you just have the Remote Agent on the "Notes" server?
If so the selections are made from the Backup Exec Server.
When you expand the Notes server (Locally or remotely) you should see your drives (C, D, etc.). You should also see your Lotus Notes Databases (nsf files).
They will appear as "Databases on X" (X being your drive letter).
Be careful not to select the nsf files twice. In other words you select your mailboxes from within the Domino Agent and de-select them under the normal windows explorer interface.

As for the attached instructions for installing the Domino Agent.
Doing this will not affect the install. It will look like you are installing Backup Exec all over again but you will only be installing the Agents/Options you have selected.

Hope this helps
Gilly

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please update us on the issue?

Thank You,

Shweta

Paul_Cole
Level 3
You are an absolute star Gilly. Thanks for this. If only I knew how simple it was in the first place......

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Rome wasn't built in a day Paul!

Glad to be of help to you.

Gilly