cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failing saying Directory is invalid

Steve_Zachara
Level 2
I am not too familiar with backups but I am running into a problem here. We have backups jobs that run daily.Backup A is a job that backs up our SQL and other folders associated with it. Backup Exec is installed on the same server as SQL. As of last week, this backup job is failing out:

it gives a final error description of : the directory is invalid

Under Errors it says:
Backup- F: SQL

Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \Administration and its subdirectories.

I have searched the F drive and the only Administration folder comes inside F:Program Files\ Intuit\ Track-It! 6.5\Track-It! Server\ Administration. The only thing in there is an .xml file.

I have tried excluding the folder to no avail. I have then tried to include it again but it still throws up the error. Is there someplace else I can check?

thanks,
Steve
2 REPLIES 2

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Try going into the selections list and switching over to the Text view rather than the graphical view. The text view gives an accurate list of what Backup Exec is trying to backup, where as the graphical view doesn't. If you look through the list you might see an entry for the offending folder which you can select and remove from the backup selection if it no longer exists on the server.

Steve_Zachara
Level 2
Thanks. I saw this time what I was looking for. I thought I had done that earlier but I was looking in the wrong place.