cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup fails due to corrupt file but the file does not exist

BrokenToe
Level 3

Backup jobs in Backup Exec 2012 are failing with the following log entries:

Backup- \\<server name>\D:WARNING: "\\<file path>\<file name>.xls" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

Verify- \\<server name>\D: DATAPART2WARNING: "<file name>.xls" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

I attempted to investigate the corrupt file but I cannot see the file in the reported location.  "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" is enabled.

What is causing Backup Exec to see a nonexistant file and how do I correct the problem?     

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Deselect the drive and then reselect it and see if this fixes it once the next backup runs.

Thanks!

BrokenToe
Level 3

OK, I'll give this a try and manually start the job after business hours today.  

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Did you enable AOF in your job? If not, enable it

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,  you can try excluding the file from your backup definitions  see: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO99632

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

In the selection list for the backup job, check the details view and make sure someone has not added a specific entry for that XLS file into the backup config.

The details view is a text view of what you have selected.

BrokenToe
Level 3

This did not work.  

BrokenToe
Level 3

Yes, AOF was already configured.  

Capture.PNG

BrokenToe
Level 3

I checked and the only explicit entries in the Selection Details are exclusions (and none of those are .XLS files).  

BrokenToe
Level 3

I will try excluding it.