cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup is lasting 48 hours and counting.

br_ss
Level 3
Here's my story. Our backup server crashed and I had to re-build it from scratch. Originally, I loaded BE 9.0 and was backing up about 55gb including Exchange 2000 is. It was taking longer that 48 hours when prior to the crash, it would take about 6.5 hours. I'm using BE9.1 now and upgraded all the egents. It still takes way to long and the job states that no agents are being used. I can't figure out what's going on. Anyone with a clue?
6 REPLIES 6

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please install SP3 and then verfiy the result:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278302

After installing SP3 all remote agents will need to be reinstalled again

Please verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

br_ss
Level 3
Thanks for the responce. I'll download sp3 and let you know how it goes.

br_ss
Level 3
Downloaded sp and it worked. Now I get a message saying Final error: 0xa000fefc - To fully protect Windows Server 2003, you must select Shadow Copy Components for backup. Even though my 2003 servers have the shadow copy components selected in the backup. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanksfor the update

It seems the issue faced by you is different from the one being discussed in this thread.

It needs a different line of troubleshooting and hence, we request you to resubmit your query as a new post.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Kishore_Natvarl
Level 4
With the original problem u encountered , you should have done the following. Investiagte your Job history logs to find out where your backups were been slowed down.

As in these logs you have information like through put rate.

Thus one can address the issue before installing updates.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

As you original issue is resolved please let us know if we can mark this thread as assumed answered.

Thanks.