cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job failed could not log on.

Ron_W1
Level 3

If I run the job manually it works just fine. If I test the credentials it works just fine. Having to reinstall the agent and the job all the time is starting to get very annoying when it fails. Has any one ever had such repetitive issues like this?

Job ended: Monday, December 01, 2014 at 12:04:01 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009b61 - Backup Exec could not log on to the server with the logon account specified for it. The logon account does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct in the logon account.
Final error category: Security Errors
5 REPLIES 5

lmosla
Level 6

Try recreating the login account if still a problem recreate the selection list and job.  Make sure all of the Backup Exec hotfixes and updates are installed.

Ron_W1
Level 3

It will persist I have done this as well. There are many other jobs that run using the same credentials and these do not fail. 

lmosla
Level 6

What type of job is this?  also please verify what version of Backup Exec this is.

Ron_W1
Level 3

Back up to tape, desktop specifically. BackupExec Server Version 14.0 1798 64 bit. 

lmosla
Level 6

If there is any AV running on the Media server make sure the scan has exclusions entered for the Backup Exec processes.  Also, for troubleshooting purposes try testing the job running it to disk instead of to tape.