cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job fails refering the files which is not selected for backup

Darshan_Laheri
Level 3
Hello,

My backup is failing with the error message reffering to some files in a directory which is not being backed up. I checked my selection list and I have not selected the directory which is being referred. Backup exec should not be backing upthis directory as it does not exist.

Any idea why Backup Exec is trying to backup directory which I have not configured for backup?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thnks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What is the exact error message you receive during the backup when it fails? Try creating a new selection list for the job and test the results.

Alternatively you can go to the text selections of the backup job properties and exclude the files that are no longer present but tried to be backed up during the job.

Hope this resolves the problem. If the issue persists, elaborate the exact error message.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Darshan_Laheri
Level 3
Hello Priya,

I have copied and pasted the error message from the Job Report:

Backup set #44 on storage media #1 Backup set description: "MAG Backup Template"
Backup Type: FULL - Back Up Files - Reset Archive Bit
Backup started on 8/30/2005 at 1:15:43 AM.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \Prod and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \prod_Backup_20040814 and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \Prod_DB_Backup_B4_Archival and its subdirectories.
Backup completed on 8/30/2005 at 1:15:53 AM.

I checked the selection list and made sure that I have not selected Prod directory and it's subdirectories. Infact this directory does not even exist and I could not be selected in the selection list.

The error on Job Log has following line:

a000fe09 - The directory is invalid

Thanks for your help.

Darshan

Darshan_Laheri
Level 3
Hello Priya,

Never mind my previous question. I have edited my text selection list and removed the entries for \Prod and it's subdirectories on FSPSQL server. When I edited the Backup job few days ago I removed these directories in my backup job selection list but somehow they were not removed from the selection list.

I will monitor the job today see what happens.

Thanks for your help once again.

Darshan

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
This is a know "feature" of BackupExec (has been since v7) Now that you have deleted from the Text View, you should be good to go

Darshan_Laheri
Level 3
Thanks Ken.

Darshan

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if the issue is resolved.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Darshan_Laheri
Level 3
Hello,

Yes. The issue is resolved.

Thanks fo the help.

Darshan