cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup jobs have began to fail for no reason???

gjcluttrell
Level 2
I am using Backup Exec 12.5 & have been for several months. I installed BE 12.5 on three servers at the same time & all are properly licensed. Four days ago I started getting a job failed error on one of these servers. The error is below:

Job name            : Daily ELMO BACKUP
Job type : Backup
Job status : Failed
Job log : C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEX_TNEP-K-PKNOX3_00204.xml
Server name : TNEP-K-PKNOX3
Selection list name : PROBELMO BACKUP
Device name         : Drobo
Target name : Drobo
Media set name : Keep Data Infinitely - Do Not Allow Overwrite
Error category    : Security Errors
Error : e000fe3c - Before you can back up this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent. See the job log for details.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65084

Job Summary Information
Byte count          : 0 bytes
Job rate : 0.00 MB/Min (Byte count of all backup sets divided by Elapsed time for all backup sets)
Files               : 0
Directories : 0
Skipped files : 0
Corrupt files : 0
Files in use : 0
Original start time : Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:00:00 AM
Job started : Monday, August 24, 2009 4:00:00 AM
Job ended : Monday, August 24, 2009 4:00:31 AM
Elapsed time : 00:00:31

Set Detail Information - Backup \\PROBELMO.tneprob.dcn\C:
Set Detail Information - Verify \\PROBELMO.tneprob.dcn\C:

I have uninstalled the agent on the remote server, rebooted & then re-installed it & rebooted but the problem still occurs. I have also deleted all my backup jobs & re-created them & the problem is still here....Can anyone give me any advise?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Did you add any additional servers in backup, more than what the license allows you. It appears to be a licensing issue. You may remove and re-add the license if you think that the licenses that you have are sufficient. Go to tools-> install options...  and remove license.. complete install. Re-launch the same wizard and enter the license again.

Please mark it a solution, if this is helpful.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Did you add any additional servers in backup, more than what the license allows you. It appears to be a licensing issue. You may remove and re-add the license if you think that the licenses that you have are sufficient. Go to tools-> install options...  and remove license.. complete install. Re-launch the same wizard and enter the license again.

Please mark it a solution, if this is helpful.

Thanks