Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup jobs won´t end

chussi
Level 4

I am distressed.

For days I try to setup my backup.

The jobs are starting fine - the speed looks good - but at some stage the jobs stops archiving.

No more bytes are transfered from the source to the media server. It also could be that all data have been backup up.
But the jobs stills shows "Running".   After 20 hours being idle I stop the jobs - I have nearly 2 TB volume. Small jobs are ending fine (2-4 GB)

Did ever some make the same experience than I do ?

Any solutions to that ?

By the way: Where can I download the newest tape device drives from symantec for BE2010 - on WinSrv2008R2 (64-Bit) ??? Can´t find them

Env:BE2010, WinSrv2008R2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chussi
Level 4

Yes, the issue has been solved.

There NO outstanding alerts.

The problem was the network teaming.

After deleting the teaming all backup jobs where running fine.

Thx for your support !!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Are there any outstanding alerts, like one asking you to remove the tape from the tape drive?

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here let us know if you are using a Standlone Tape drive and have selected the option of Eject Media in the Backup job properties. If answer to both these queries is YES then you need to check if there are any active alerts asking to Remove the Media.

The functioning is that the job will still show running even after all the data is backed up till the tape is manually removed from the tape drive or the Alert is reponded.

To avoid this you need to configure Automatic Reponse for the Remove Media alert category so that the job will show as completed before the tape is removed completely from the tape drive.

To set Automatic Response go to Active Alerts and select Configure Alert Category (on the left side pane) and then select Media Remove Alert. Then set the Automatic Reponse to 2 minutes. Then click OK to save the changes.

Here is the link to download and install the latest tape device drivers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/348315

Note: The link may take some time to open as Symantec is migrating the Knowledge base to new system

If this answers your query, please mark this as the solution.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Chussi,
    Is your issue resolved??

chussi
Level 4

Yes, the issue has been solved.

There NO outstanding alerts.

The problem was the network teaming.

After deleting the teaming all backup jobs where running fine.

Thx for your support !!!