cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of VM DCs failing

JLeslie
Level 4

I have 2 DCs that have started failing backups. The DCs are 2012 R2 VMs in 2012 R2 hosts. Backup Exec is 2012 version 14.1798.

The error in the failed job details says E0008488 Access is denied. When I do a credentials test, the only failure is for MSONLINE which I have no idea what that is. Doesn't matter what account is used, same result.

Any idea what to do? Delete the job and create a new one? TThis just was working just fine up to a point where I started having media troubles (backup to disk). I finally got the media problems ironed out and all other servers are backing up successfully, it's just the two DCs that won't backup.

Jonathan

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE 2012 does not support Server 2012 R2. You need to upgrade to either BE 2014 or preferably BE 15. The upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract

JLeslie
Level 4

It may not in every way be supported but it does work. I'm backing up several other 2012 R2 VM servers and they're working great. In fact it was all working fine until I had the problem with the backup drives which had nothing to do with BE but was a hardware issue.

So now I'm trying to figure out why all other servers (again, mostly 2012 R2) are once again backing up fine but the 2 DCs won't.

This is a customer site and the owner let his contract lapse as he's moving in other directions and so is moving away from using Symantec (both BE and SEP). In the meantime I'm trying to keep things working. Since the DCs were getting backed up fine before the drive hardware problem, they should be backing up fine now like the non-DC servers.