cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of oracle server in DMZ

ORIONIT
Level 2
Hi,

We are using backup exec 12.5 and have the oracle agent installed on a server in the DMZ both servers are windows 2003, shortly after the backup is started for the oracle database it fails with a 0xe0001405 Unknown CORBA exception.  I have the correct ports open on the firewall including 5633 of which I have also tried changing to no avail.  In the vxbsa log and also in the RMAN output the BSA_SERVICE_HOST changes from the correct IP address of the backup exec server to the gateway firewall address? so this appears to be the reason for it failing.  Everything is configured as far I can see correctly and I have even opened up all ports on the firewall between the servers for testing but with no change, no setting on the agent has the gateway listed so I'm stumped!

Many thanks in advance for you help.

Kind Regards.

Dan
3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/300786.htm

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
openport 5633

ORIONIT
Level 2

Thanks for the replies, have gone through that tech note before with no success.  As mentioned above I have port 5633 open on the firewall, the issues appears to be BSA_SERVICE_HOST pointing back at the gateway rather than the backup server.

All other backups in the DMZ function fine and this only effects Oracle.