cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup offline

Teresa_Morgan
Level 2
I backup to a Promise Device which houses a terabyte of hard disk. On the Backup server, I can see the drives. When I open veritas, the backup to disk folders are offline. I have done all of the updates, I have checked to make sure I am not out of disk space. I have had another system administrator come to my office and look at this for me to see if he could give any suggestions. We are at our wits end. I cannot get these folders back on line. Does anyone have any suggestion???

thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Raj_Vingerani
Level 4
Try reconfiguring Backup TO Disk agian,

Goto

Tools-->Wizards (Not washington winzards ;))--> Device Configuration Wizard and then click next twice where you get an option to add Backup to Disk Folder. follow the wizard you should be done.

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
What does your eventlogs say, any errors there with respect to BE ?

Regards
A van der Boom

Teresa_Morgan
Level 2
There are several:
An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
Changer: CreateSpecFile() CreateFile failed (R:\Tuesday2\Folder.cfg). Error=5

Server: "server name") The Backup-to-Disk device is offline. This is typically caused by the folder becoming inaccessible due to it being deleted, renamed, or unshared. It may also be caused by a disk full condition. The folder state has been set to offline. Please attend to this condition. Additional detail may be found in the Event Viewer - Application Log. (I have checked all of the reasons this should be happening and none of the conditions have changed)

Teresa_Morgan
Level 2
I tried reconfiguring. They tried to come back on line, but when I attempted to run just an inventory, they all went back off line. I appreciated your help!!

Raj_Vingerani
Level 4
If you have an existing B2D folder with no data in it delete it. Stop all the services and restart the services , try reconfiguring again, without an inventory just kick of a test backup job and let me know how it goes.

Meanwhile let me research further more.

;) good luck

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Does the folder Tuesday2 exist on your R: ?

From that log, it looks like it's trying to create a file inside that folder.

Teresa_Morgan
Level 2
There is a Tuesday2 folder.

thanks

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Is the backup to disk folder created on network or NAS device?

This can also happen if the folder has become inaccessible for any other reason, for example if the disk is in a full state and is offline. Confirm if the folder appears "Offline" and "Paused" on the Devices tab in Backup Exec. To resolve the error, make the folder accessible once again. Once the folder has been moved back, recreated or re-mapped, right click on the backup folder, deselect the "Paused" state on the menu.

Also refer this technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/236295

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.