cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup on different tape each day.

Eli_Leibzon
Not applicable
Hi,

I have backupexec 10d installed with a robotic library which contains 8 tapes. I'm configuring a job that runs every night to backup all of my servers. However, all of the backups are done on one tape. How can configure the software so that each backup a different tape is being used?

Thanks in Advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Chris_Fielding
Level 4
I would suggest you setup a media set and have an overwrite protection period of 7 days then move all your tapes into this media set.
Then setup your job to overwrite rather than append to media which you must have it as at the moment.

should then cycle through your tapes using a different one each day.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

You can also create partitions in the library and target the jobs to the desired partition.
Refer: http://support.veritas.com/docs/262055

Thanks!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you follow Chris' suggestion, DO NOT move the tapes into the media set. They will all be unavailable until the OPP has expired since they take on the properties of the media set when them are moved.

Or you could move them all to the media set, but until you have worked through them all one time, just move one tape each day into the scratch media set so that it will be overwritable that night

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue...

Thank You,

Shweta