cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup "Fails" with only 1 corrupt email message

Mike_Bowden
Level 3
Hi all,

Is there any way to set the tolerance level for when the job is displayed as "Failed" versus "Successful"? I back up about 100 GB a night, including individual Exchange Mailboxes. Every few days, a message will be corrupt in someone's inbox and the log will say "The fill cannot verify", displaying the job's status as failed. I don't consider 1 failed backup of a forwarded joke when we're dealing with 100 GB to be an unsuccessful backup.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike
7 REPLIES 7

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

To resolve the issue please do the following:

1. Local system needs to be Switched ON .
or

2. Microsoft outlook should be Closed before performing backup .

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mike_Bowden
Level 3
Maybe I didn't describe my problem well enough, because this solution has nothing to do with it.

I am backing up over a network (5 different servers, one of which happens to be an Exchange 5.5 box). If there is a corrupt message in one of the Exchange mailboxes, the backup will fail. Corrupt messages happen all the time, but I don't want the backup to fail because of only 1 or 2 small messages.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
There is registry tweak that will not flag non-Exchange Backups that contain "corrupt" files, but any "corrupt" files in Exchange will FAIL the job. see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/193940.htm

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mike_Bowden
Level 3
Thanks Ken. That's the info I needed to hear. Time to upgrade Exchange anyway.

Mike

DeAnna_Birdsall
Level 2
We have already upgraded to Exch 2k3, and are still having the same issues. 1 corrupt file causes the entire backup to fail. Is there a fix for this?

DeAnna_Birdsall
Level 2
We have already upgraded to Exch 2k3, and are still having the same issues. 1 corrupt email causes the entire backup to fail. Is there a fix for this?