cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup ran successfully, but doesn'tt appear to restore.

brunomartins_da
Level 3

I ran a full backup using Backup Exec 2012 on May 31, 2014, appeared in my log as "Success", cool! But today I needed to restore this backup and when I select the server, then click on "restore" does not appear to me the date of the day May 31, 2014, appears only from June 16 onwards.

120px_BackupExex1.PNG

120px_BackupExex2.PNG

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

The images which you have uploaded are not clear. What date range you have set in the restore window?

brunomartins_da
Level 3

BackupExex1_0.PNG

BackupExex2.PNG

AmolB

I see Protegida contro gravacoa ate 6/14/2014 8:00:28 PM in the above job log.

I am assuming(Google unable to translate above) that the backup sets were overwrite protected till

the above date.

brunomartins_da
Level 3

That's ok! But I ran the backup normal day May 31, error, restore should not let this day?

AmolB

Restore window will not show data if the backup sets are overwritten.

It seems your 31st May backup was overwrite protected for 2 weeks (till 14th June) and then got 

overwritten, hence you see data from 16th June onwards.

brunomartins_da
Level 3

I did ... does not have a way to "bypass" it?

brunomartins_da
Level 3

He understood that "Protegida contra gravação" ("write protected")  was the tape, ie, in this period I can not write it, but how could the Restore restore normally.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If your tape is write protected until 14/6, then from 15/6 onwards it can be used and overwritten if required.  Once the tape is overwritten, the backup set on it is no longer available and you cannot restore from it.

If you want to keep your tape backup sets for a longer period, then go to the Storage tab, edit the media set that the tape belongs to and change the overwrite protection period to a longer period.

In case, you are backing up to disk, then you would have to edit your job, click on Storage and change the Keep For parameter to a longer period.