cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup starts later than scheduled time

jds124
Not applicable
My backups are scheduled to start running at 3:00 AM, not later than 3:04:59 AM.
However, according to my job summary it is not.
original start time: Saturday, April 09, 2005 3:00:00AM
job started : Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:00:03AM
job ended : Tuesday, April 12, 2005 1:24:31PM
elapsed time : 10:24:28
When the backup is working correctly it should only take 45 minutes, that includes the verify.
When the operator comes in the office in the morning, 7:00AM, the tape has ejected itself, so she was assuming it was done. Later in the day, about 1:00PM, she would insert the next backup tape - it would run for about 20 minuntes and then eject itself again, which would explain the 1:24PM completion time.
Is the window of 3:00AM not later than 3:04AM to start not long enough? I thought that was just a start time, not a completion time.
Judy
2 REPLIES 2

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Since you have mentioned that the tape is ejected please check the following:

1Check that whether you are getting alert "Please insert overwritable media into drive" for the scheduled Backup Job.
If a alert is not responded then tape ejects automatically if the media provided for the backup operation is overwrite protected.

2. Please check whether the tape that is ejected does it have any byte count and whether it gives an alert please insert overwritable media if yes then the backup job is spanning to a second tape and you might need to use compression here.

3. If the tape is ejected with 0 byte count then please check whether the media provided for the backup operation is overwrite protected.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Thanks,

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply