cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to Disk Folder Question

Viking698
Level 3

Running BE 10.1d and BE 12sp1 

Quick question. I have both a tape backup and a usb hard drive backup. When I do the tape backup it will create a catalog for that tape. When I do a inventory of the tape it will show me all of the backup jobs on that tape. 

Reason I'm asking if when I check the back up to disk folder it only shows me one file for the backup. Now I'm use to tapes drives and there backup. Just trying to find out if when doing a backup to disk folder if that is normal. Or should I be seeing a file for each day that the backup ran?

Thanks

Viking698

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Check your B2D job.  Is it set to Overwrite? 

What is the OPP of the media set being written to disk?

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 08-19-2008 11:34 AM

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Check your B2D job.  Is it set to Overwrite? 

What is the OPP of the media set being written to disk?

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 08-19-2008 11:34 AM

Viking698
Level 3

Ok check and the B2D job is set to append to media, overwrite if no appenable media is available. OPP is set to none(grey out on my screen so I can not change it). I'm so hoping I did not miss something simple.

Thanks

Don

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If your jobs are APPEND, then as far as BackupExec will keep adding data to the same BKF file  just like it would all be on the same tape if you were using tapes.    When the max fiel size is reached, a second BKF file will be created

Change the job to Overwrite, and change the media set OPP so that when you no longer need/want the data, the BKF files can be reused   (6 days for weekly reuse, 13 days for every other week, etc

Also verify (tools\overwrite) that either FULL or PARTIAL is selected and that (Tools\Media Management) that the option to "Reuse overwritable media in the target media set before scratch media" is selected

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 08-21-2008 01:07 PM