cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup-to-Disk Loading Media problem in backup exec 12.5

santoshpawar
Level 4

Hi.

After some searching, I can see that there are a lot of problems regarding "Loading Media" status when backup to disk.

I have a BE-Server with 12.5 removable B2D connected.

Sometimes jobs stops with status "Loading Media" - with an alert telling me to insert overwritable media in the removable B2D folders... There are overwritable media in other B2D folders, but it will not change (sometimes it will change automaticly) - so trying to resolve this, I move some of the BKF media to scratch media hoping it to start. But it dosen't help also i re created the .cfg fils but no success. There are a lot of BKF files which is 2kb. 

GRT has been selected for backup....but i am not sure why my B2D files are getting created with file size 2KB all the times.

The B2D folders has following settings:
Maximum size for b2d files: 4 GB
Low disk space threshold: 0 GB

Last time i tried Allocate the maximum size of b2d files - everything was just hanging.

Overwrite options is set to : "Overwrite recyclable media contained in the targeted mediaset before overwritng scratch media"

Any suggestions here? I'm now running BE 12.5.

Service pack - 4 is installed with all latest hotfixes.

Regards,

Santosh Pawar

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I have a BE-Server with 12.5 removable B2D connected.

Is/Are these disks external USB/Firewire/eSATA drives?  if so, you should  be using standard B2D folders not Removeable B2D folders.  R-B2D is for devices where the chassis stays connected and the media is removeable, like RDX or JAZZ drives

GRT has been selected for backup....but i am not sure why my B2D files are getting created with file size 2KB all the times.

When you create GRT backups, the BKF file is just a place holder, all the data is stored in the IMG folders

Sometimes jobs stops with status "Loading Media" - with an alert telling me to insert overwritable media in the removable B2D folders

You need to manage the OPP of your Media Set(s) so that data has expired and can be overwritten on a routine basis (you should not be using APPEND for disk based jobs)