cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup gets stuck at "Snapshot Processing"

Chris_Gerrard
Level 4
Our differential backups normally take around 8-9 hours but this week have been getting stuck while "Snapshot Processing". The job will run for over 13 hours and I assume it would continue to not progress if left alone. If I try to cancel the job, it sits at "Cancel - Pending" indefinately and BE services have to be stopped and restarted to stop the current job. Any assistance is most appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What are you backing up in this differential backup job? It seems you are using the Advanced Open file option for this job. Are you getting any specific error messages or error code when the job gets stuck, in the event viewer?

Also check for any error related alerts in the alerts tab. Since when do you get this problem?

Awaiting you update on the above answers to better understand the problem.

Regards.

Chris_Gerrard
Level 4
The servers being backed up are... a global controller, a common file/print server and two virtual server machines.

The backups were running fine last week.

Advanced Open File Option is being used and it is processing logical volumes one at a time.

No alerts are produced in Backup Exec. The only errors in the event viewer is a Removable Storage Service Error about an hour after the backup begins.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Check your selection list:
1) Is any of the servers you are backing up, offline?
2) Are all the media that you are backing up to online?
3) Try excluding the .vsp file from your selection list, if you have it added in your selection list.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Check if you have any old cache file which was not automatically deleted on the computer. If you do find one delete the file and try running the job again.
A reboot will also help you do that. Instead of serching the file and delete it just reboot the server.
================================================
Lt us know if that helped you.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Also disable the RSM ( removable storage service).
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Chris_Gerrard
Level 4
1) All the servers are online

2) All the media being used is online

3) I have not explicitly added the .vsp file to the selection list. Can I get more detail on where to find it if it has been added?

I have rebooted the server with no improvement.

RSM is disabled.

Chris_Gerrard
Level 4
Problem seems to have resolved itself but may return. I'll update if it does.