cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to disk as folders

Jordie_Wagenvoo
Level 2
Hello,

Is it possible to use the backup-to-disk option in BE 9.1 in such way that the output of the backup creates folders/files and not a single backup file?
I want to make a full backup on a disk and then let the backup server make a partial backup of those folders.

If BE cannot do so, is there any other professional symantec product which can?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

You could create more backup to disk files (bkf files) in case you dont want just one to be created.

Please refer to the following document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/272517

What exactly do you mean by copying the partial backup? Do you want to copy the bkf files to a tape or to another backup to disk folder?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Jordie_Wagenvoo
Level 2
What i want to do is to backup not as a single bkf file, but as a complete windows directory structure (so more like a copy function). When BE has backed up to my harddisk, I want to let my tape drive run a normal backup of those files.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Jordie,

From our understanding of the issue, you want to backup the whole directory structure.

If this is the case then please select the "Preserve tree" option while backing up.

Please elaborate if our undertanding is incorrect.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
BE cannot copy files like the Windows copy command can. You might try it the otherway around. Let BE make a backup of your data to disk and then use the Duplicate option to make a copy to tape.

Regards
A van der Boom

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.