cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEServer schema version mismatch

Nick_Bentley
Not applicable
I have searched through previous threads & tried some of the solutions offered, but after applying SP3 to the base install of v10 on a fully patched W2k3 server, I am unable to restart the backupexec service.
After applying the DCOMcnfg changes (from doc. 275032 ), tried re-applying the SP3 - with no effect. Readme doesn't tell you that the local sql server service is restarted during the apply process - not good when this is a Production SQL server machine. Hadn't noticed this bit on the test server although it seemed to apply OK without problem. Ran the SGMON (again following one of the support documents given in previous threads) & got this (amongst the other output) :
beserver: 12/01/05 09:29:57 01 Database ExeVersion:10.0.5317.0 DBVersion:10.0.5317.0
beserver: 12/01/05 09:29:57 01 Registry ExeVersion:10.0.5484.27 DBVersion:10.0.5484.27

Can anyone help me without removing, reinstalling (I have used up my quota of downtime for now!) or rebooting? Can I simply update the record in the version table, or is there a script that can be run to make the database version match the exe?

Any help gratefully accepted?!?Message was edited by:
Nick
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you getting any alerts?what is the error message in the application event log?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Nick_Bentley_2
Not applicable
Hi,
Thanks for your response. I am getting two error messages in the application log:
event id 57804 - The Backup Exec Server Service detected a schema version mismatch.
event id 57802 - The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (-536813108) occurred in object 1.

Thanks

Nick

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following technote to troubleshoot this issue further:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253604

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.