Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to disk fails - Capacity check status errors

Sean_Daniely
Level 4
I am trying to back my file server to disk and recieve the following error:

Capacity check status : Failed

The amount of data to backup is approx. 50GB, the disk on the device I am sending the job to is over 1TB. I also setup a local device and it failed. The configured device is set to:

Max Size for B2D files: 4GB
Max # of backup sets per B2D file: 100
Concurent Operations: 10
Disk Space Reserve: 250 GB
Device Settings: Auto Detect

Thanks - Sean
13 REPLIES 13

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Sean,

This is related to your other thread, correct? If so, we'll continue troubleshooting in that thread.

Sean_Daniely
Level 4
Yes it is, thanks. I am running job now.

Sean_Daniely
Level 4
I ran the job and it completed with the following error:

Error category : Resource ErrorsError : e000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered. See the job log for details.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65078

I followed the link and enabled Single Instance backup for NTFS and for Open File backup....selected never. Re-runing job now.

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
Sean,

What file was it showing corrupt on? More than likely the file was in use when it was being backed up.

Sean_Daniely
Level 4
It did not indicate a file name, path etc...

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
Can you post the job log? If not, please provide an email address, and we can work over email to resolve this.

Sean_Daniely
Level 4
sdaniely@fullarmor.com

Thanks.

Sean_Daniely
Level 4
I take that back, I just noticed the job log tab (i was looking at job history). There are some files indicated, open .PST files.

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
PST files are known to give this error message when they're open. To back them up successfully, you'll either need to close the files, or back them up using the Advanced Open File option.

Sean_Daniely
Level 4
How/what do I need to configure in order to back up open PST files?

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
Sean,

You can purchase the Advanced Open File option, which will allow you to protect all open files (excluding databases like SQL, Exchange, Oracle etc).

If that isn't an option you will need to make sure that the users are closed out of their email when the backup job runs.

You can also choose the option to never backup open files, but this will always skip a file if it's in use by the end user.

Sean_Daniely
Level 4
Advanced Open File option does not come with 11d? I am able to slecet Use AOFO and run through the wizard but the Open File Config is grayed out...the MS VSS is enabled....

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
Sean,

You need to purchase that option in order to use it.