cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 11d Remote Oracle Agent

Marcos_Rodrigue
Level 2
Hi,

I just need some clarification on the Oracle agent in version 11d.

1. Is the Remote Oracle Agent the now just the "Remote Agent utility"?
2. I'm unable to find any Installation files (client installation) in 11d like 10d had in the RANT32 directory.
3. Where do i get the Remote Agent from?
4. What are the licensing requirements?

Yes, i've read the ADMIN DOC.
1 REPLY 1

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Some of the information is in the Admin Guide but probably needs interpretation.

Page 1392 of the Admin Guide shows what components get installed to what server. The BE Media Server is where the Oracle Agent is installed; so the Oracle Agent is now a server side component as well. If the Oracle server is remote, then the Remote Agent is installed on the remote server.

The remote agent can be installed to a remote server via push install by selecting Tools > Install Remote Agents or you can use the Backup Exec CD which has a Remote Agent Installation option (I don't recommend this option though since the agent will not have any updates provided by hotfixes) or you can copy the \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWS32 directory to the remote Oracle server and install from there; yes this is a new location for the Remote Agent installation file source.

Licensing requirements are the same as previous versions, a license for BE, the BE Oracle Agent and if the Oracle server is a remote server then a Remote Agent license. All license get input on the BE Media Server at the time the Media Server is installed.

The Remote Agent is the component that gets configured for Oracle backups. Instructions for configuration are outlined starting on page 1393 of the Admin Guide in the section titled "Configuring the Oracle Agent on Windows computers"