cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 12.5 no showing all mailboxes on restore selection list

DavidB1
Level 2

I have a clustered 2008 server running exchange 2007 with CCR.  My BackupExec server is a win2k3 box and is running 12.5 with SP1 & Hotfix 319699.  Nightly fulls with GRT complete with no errors.  But when I review the "restore" selection list it only show 32 mailboxes in each storage group.  This hotifx was supposed to fix this issue.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidB1
Level 2

This issue was resolved by manually applying the updates to each 2008 cluster node.  To explain, I initially pushed the new agent from the CASO but received an error so I manually ran setup.exe from the RAWS64 agent folder.  This does not apply the hotfixes.  So I went back and manually applied the hotfixe 319699 and all is working correctly. 

Why does the PUSH not work from the CASO? I don't know but for now I know how to resolve the issue.

I later found out that I could push from a Vista machine.

Good job Symantec!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

xaBo
Level 3
Partner

I have the same trouble.

I've installed the mapi on Exchange Server and Management Tools on Media Server.

Any help?

xaBo

AshutoshTamhank
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Did you make sure that the remote agents on all the participating nodes have been updated after the fix was installed?

xaBo
Level 3
Partner

Did you make sure that the remote agents on all the participating nodes have been updated after the fix was installed?

--------------

It was just one node, the Exchange, where the MAPI was installed and Media Server where the admin tools need to be present.

GRT is selected when I created the job, do I miss something ?

DavidB1
Level 2

This issue was resolved by manually applying the updates to each 2008 cluster node.  To explain, I initially pushed the new agent from the CASO but received an error so I manually ran setup.exe from the RAWS64 agent folder.  This does not apply the hotfixes.  So I went back and manually applied the hotfixe 319699 and all is working correctly. 

Why does the PUSH not work from the CASO? I don't know but for now I know how to resolve the issue.

I later found out that I could push from a Vista machine.

Good job Symantec!

Alan_Toh
Level 2

Scary......I am still thinking of whether to upgrade from 11D to 12.5....

Last time SEP screwed me up real bad on my PDC when I installed SEP on it.

AshutoshTamhank
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Verify whether the remote agent binaries on the exhcange server have indeed be updated.(Also check on your media server to make sure the HF could be installed successfully) The Hotfix technote will have a reference to a technote / will show information about the changed binaries showing new version numbers, date modified and size etc.

DavidB1
Level 2

Thanks Toshi.  After speaking with tech support that is what I did and it showed me that the version were not up-to-date.  I applied the updates to each node manually and we are perfect now.

Adam_Salisbury
Level 2
I've got BE12 SP3 1364.0 on Server2003 SP2 x86 backing up Exchange 2007 SP2 on Sever2003 SP2 x64; MAPI installed on both BE server and Exchange Server, agents versions and hotfixes match the server. GRT enabled jobs display all mail stores when making backup selections but not for restore selections. Help!