cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beserver service stuck at starting after upgrade to BE2010

strikeuk
Not applicable
Hi,

Just finished the upgrade from 12.5 to 2010 and did not encounter any errors however after the restart the beserver service is stuck at the starting state. It has been 15 minutes and it's still like this. On the event viewer i'm getting this message ' The Backup Exec Server service hung on starting'. Running on Windows Server 2003. Please help. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jj_berg
Level 2

FYI - I found the hotfix.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/339930.htm

Since the BE Server service was stuck in Starting status, I had to change the mode from Automatic to Disabled and reboot so that it was stopped.  All BE services including the SQL Service instance that has the BE database should be stopped before installing the hotfix.  Once the hotfix was installed, I changed the BE Server service back to automatic, rebooted, and all was well ... at least in terms of being able to finally open the program.  Now I have a whole new set of issues for backing up my VMs, but that is another topic.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
i guess there is a hotfix for the same .. try running the live update or manually download the available hotfixes

Fernanj1
Not applicable
I have the same problem the only diference is my instalation is a fresh instalation, after install the BE2010 the beserver service stay in the condition starting and nothing change, please help

jj_berg
Level 2
I have the exact same problem, both with upgrade and fresh install.  Is there a hotfix?  Can someone post a link?

jj_berg
Level 2

FYI - I found the hotfix.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/339930.htm

Since the BE Server service was stuck in Starting status, I had to change the mode from Automatic to Disabled and reboot so that it was stopped.  All BE services including the SQL Service instance that has the BE database should be stopped before installing the hotfix.  Once the hotfix was installed, I changed the BE Server service back to automatic, rebooted, and all was well ... at least in terms of being able to finally open the program.  Now I have a whole new set of issues for backing up my VMs, but that is another topic.

jhall_sagequest
Not applicable
Thanks for posting this.  I was beating my head against the wall all weekend trying to figure this out.

BBT
Level 2
Its ok JHall - they didnt bother to test this release.  You are their paying QA resource.