cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS SUIR service no longer working

Douglas_Dahlber
Level 4
I have been running CPS on our BE service since December 9. Last Friday the server had to be rebooted. Ever since the reboot the indexing service (SUIR.exe) will no longer run. It starts up and then stops. The only message I get is in the event viewer. The event log says "Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the SUIR service." All the other services run fine. There are alerts in the CPS console.

I noticed the issue when I check on the server an noticed it had an entire days work of snapshots not indexed. Without the SUIR.exe running it doesn't index and the web service search features don't work.

BE is unaffected.

Any suggestions? What additional info can I provide?

Dell Poweredge server 2850
2x Xeon 2.8 proc
2GB RAM
CPS data is stored on an Overland REO 4000 via ISCSI. 900GB partition with 193GB free.
CPS Build 10.1.326.1401
2 REPLIES 2

Douglas_Dahlber
Level 4
Since there is very limited trouble shooting documentation on CPS and I could not find anything in the logs SUIR.log or Event Logs I decided to uninstalled CPS and performed a reinstall. Its running fine now. I wish there was answer to why this service sometimes fails.

I find it strange that the indexing service can fail and the CPS console doesn't even generate an alert.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused because of the delayed response.

Thank you for the Update on the case.

Pleases let us know if your issue / problem is resolved so that we can archive this post. However, if the issues still persist then please explian the setup and Servers on which CMS and CPA running and under which account ? Also the exact event Id .

Thank you
Gauri