cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS and Incremental backups

Daniel_Seng_2
Level 3
When using CPS for backups, does this reset the backup flag on files? The reason I ask is because, I do not want the CPS backups effecting our normal daily incremental backups. For example: We are running the cps backups on our departmental drive daily, once these files are backed up by cps, do the incrementals disregard the files because they have been backed up by the cps system?

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

If our understanding is correct , you have a Server on which Backup exec is running ,is also a destination server of CPS ? and on the the " departmental drive" of BEWS server , where data is getting replicated. Is this drive getting backedup by BEWS local incremental backup ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Daniel_Seng_2
Level 3
Yes, Backupexec is running on the same server as CPS. Full and incremental backups go to tapes, however the CPS destination for backups is our NAS. The departmental drive is being backed up by CPS and Backupexec daily jobs, ie: Daily incrementals, and Full weekly backups.

What I need to know is if the CPS backups, reset the backup flag or instance making the daily incrementals think that these files have "already been backed up" and or thinking that the files have not changed, thus causing them not to be backed up by the incrementals.

Regards,

-Daniel Seng