cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracel Agent on BE 9.1 - Oracle Agent configuration problems

Justin_Gray
Level 2
I am using Backup Exec 9.1 on a server that contains both a MS SQL Server 2000 database, and an Oracle 9i database. As far as I can tell I've downloaded and installed all of the latest service packs and updates. I'm using an HP Ultrium 800GB tape drive on an HP Proliant DL585.

I'm having trouble configuring the Oracle Agent in order to perform a backup on the server while the Oracle database is running. Right now I have to manually run the backup after I have taken the Oracle database down. This is highly inefficient as it can only be done late, after hours. The Oracle database contains all patient information (electronic medical records). If I perform the backup while the database it up, it put the Oracle database into recovery mode and the clients cannot connect to it. In order to repair this, I have to call vendor support to remote in and unlock the database.

The problem that I have is that the .db files, control files, and Arch files are in non-standard locations and the instructions only show you where theya re commonly. I believe I have found the location of all of these files, but then I run into another problem when I try to condifgure the backup job. The credentials that I use to connect via SQL*Plus and verify that the archiving is enabled do not work. Backup Exec tries to connect to the instance and says that permission is denied.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Justin Gray
Manager of Health Information Systems
Women's Healthcare Affiliates
micronazi@gmail.com
2 REPLIES 2

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Go to Tools --> Options --> Job defaults properties select Backup --> Open file backup when Advanced Open File Option is not used --> select without lock.

Refer: http://support.veritas.com/docs/231519

Thanks!

Justin_Gray
Level 2
That is helpful for one aspect of the problem. However, will it help me with the issue of getting the "Access Denied" error when I try to select the database to backup with the Oracle Agent? I can't even access the Remote Agent to make my selections. My 'SYS' and 'Backup' accounts won't even work.

I can log into the SQL*Plus shell with them, but when I put the credentials into the Oracle Agent, and it tries to connect, it says they are invalid.