cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS protection agent upgrade interrupted by network outage

TR
Level 3
Hello !

We have recently upgraded Backup Exec from 10d to 11d, running on Windows 2003 SP1. This morning, we also upgraded successfully CPS to 11d.

Unfortunately, while upgrading the remote agents (using the Push Install CPS components) onto a remote server, there was a brief connectivity loss. A message appeared on the screen warning that the remote folder was not available, then the wizard terminated.

Are there any log files I could check to find out how far the update got  ?

Should I restart the Push to the remote server, or will it corrupt the existing installation ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

TR.

5 REPLIES 5

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi TR -

You should not have any trouble re-pushing the agent out to the remote server. I recommend you do so if the interruption took place during install.

You can find the logs located in the X:\Program Files\Symantec\Continuous Protection Server\Logs directory.

I hope this helps!

- Jared

TR
Level 3
Thank you, Jared !

TR
Level 3
Hello again !

I'm afraid that the second push installation didn't succeed: I had to leave it running overnight and suspect that the file copy times out.

Are there any alternatives to pushing the installation ?
Is it possible to copy the software to the remote server and then run the setup from
BEWS_11D.7170_CPS_32BIT-X64\RAWS32\setup.exe

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
TR -

Can you ping the other server by IP and Server Name both ways?

Can you telnet both ways?

I want to make sure we do not have communication issues between the two servers.

- Jared

TR
Level 3
Hi, Jared !

Yes - in normal circumstances we do have full connectivity (and version 10d was working ok).
Only recently we have had several network outages due to faulty lines.

I ended up doing the installation from the remote servers and everything is successful now.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

TR.