Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling for advice on paid support

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hey guys,

Following this pitiful display:

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=44212&start=30&tstart=0

I'm actually considerin paid support. Frankly, if I spew up the cost and get any of the following:

- Someone with little to no English
- Referred to the same technotes over and over, after I've stated they didn't help
- Told to upgrade to version 10
- Constantly asked to resolve the case, despite never being given a resolution

I'll be looking for a better product.

I AM NOT SEEKING A VERITAS REPRESENTATIVE TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION

Can anyone who has paid for support provide any insight into just how the experience was?
2 REPLIES 2

Gary__
Not applicable
Hi,

Following my own experiences with paid support, I actualyl came here to try and complain. I did a bit of a search for other people's experiences, and yours was all I found.

So following the fact that recent service packs won't install, i called paid support.

I'll mention that this point that most professional companies (Like Microsoft) don't charge for paid support for publicly available service packs.

For the next few days, various staff here hung up on the person we dubbed the "Indian nuisance caller" because nobody ever made out enough of the babble to realise it was a Veritas tech support staff.

A few days later, we got a phone call from a "senior tech support staff" who, after a drawn out conversation, managed to tell us that our case had been closed because we "would not cooperate with Veritas". Realising what's going on, I became irritated and asked if an English speaking support staff could be assigned the case. I was told not only do we have to take what we're given, but the case has been closed and cannot be opened.

Various rants at our account managed ensued, and the end result, we were assured an English speaking staff member IF we reopened a new case. Of course, THAT MEANT PAYING FOR OUR PER INCIDENT FEE ALL OVER AGAIN.

Quite pathetic, made us look bad to the customer more than Veritas, because nobody would beleive this could actually occur.

So after several days and arguements, Veritas tech support staff give us the following advice:

1. Download from X link and try again (duh! where do you think I downloaded it from?)
2. Try a silent install (great, so I don't see the error, maybe we can consider it gone)?
3. Try a repair install (no fix)
4. Reboot your server (!!0

And finally, the biggest insult..

5. Go visit forums.veritas.com where helpful Veritas staff can asssit.

From what I see on these forums, everything in the "too hard" basket ends up being referred to paid support, so I don't see how any serious problems can ever get resolved.

Frankly, Veritas released a service pack that doesn't work, and their complete lack of support is only exagerated by management's sheer incompetence.

I would rather sodomise myself with a salad fork before trying to go through this mess again and purchase another Veritas product.

Soooo for anyone that has any positive experience with Veritas support, please provide some sort of indication as to how you acheived it.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Gary,

I'll give that a "correct" answer response.