cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can backup media server 12.5 able to manage AWS agent 12.5.22XX?

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Can backup media server 12.5 able to manage AWS agent 12.5.22XX?is it posible?or do we need to install latest version of BEWS media server same as client?thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner

Yep definitely. BEWS 12.5 can handle client that have Remote Agent for Windows Server 12.5 version as well.  I think what you need to check is the Media Server version itself. Is it really 12.5 or 12?

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
error connecting to testsvr1 agent.JPG

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Why Iam getting an error like the picture above?

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
media server is 12.5 while agent is 12.5.xxx something

thanks

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
Kindly post out the screenshot  about of your media server for us to see if your media server is really BEWS 12.5?

HAMZAOUI_Omar
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Be sure that BE Remote Agent service run with local system account

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I would see if basic connectivity to the remote server is available. Check with ping "netbios name" and "telnet <netbios name> 10000" to check NDMP connection. Also, try rebooting the remote server, if it was working before. Reinstalling remote agent would also be a good idea. Check for any firewall between these servers which might be blocking port 10000(telnet test above would show).

Thanks

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Iam able to ping the hostname andip address. Hostname has already been added to the hostfile.All ports required are free.

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Anywayz I will try to upgrade the AWS agent on the client though we need some time for downtime.thanks