cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i take backup of my NAS from BackupExec installed in Windows 2008 server

pts242
Level 4

I have installed Backup Exec 2014 software in Windows 2008 server. My office Shared datas are in NAS device. Now I want to take backup of this NAS using Backup Exec installed in Windows 2008 server.

Help me.. Is this possible and how...? Does it need any extra license...? I have already registered license for Backup Exec.

My license is: SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2014 SERVER WIN PER SERVER BNDL STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S ESSENTIAL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You need to buy another RAWS agent (Remote Agent) license for the NAS. The license above is for the media server.

I explained that on the link below yet you gave it someone else!!!!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/installed-licenses-need-know-license-details#comment-11427411

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

Hi,

yes you can.

You'd add the NAS in as \\IP_Address\ShareName. You'd need a remote agent license in order to comply with licensing requirements, but you can verify this with the licensing department.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Actually he will need at least one remote agent license once he gets beyond 60days as otherwise there is a technical block (60 days is trialware)

However if he is running a capacity edition he will not need any further license so kind of depends on what edition he already has.

pts242
Level 4

Okay... So I can my NAS device by the way you said...then I can provide you my license details..can you please explain to me whether I need another license for this function or not....Thank you for your reply.

LICESE DETAILS:

SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2014 SERVER WIN PER SERVER BNDL STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S ESSENTIAL

pts242
Level 4

How can I check my edition of Backup Exec server?

CraigV

That license is for BE 2014...it won't work on any other version. What version does it show on the splash screen when you start it up?

CraigV

You need to buy another RAWS agent (Remote Agent) license for the NAS. The license above is for the media server.

I explained that on the link below yet you gave it someone else!!!!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/installed-licenses-need-know-license-details#comment-11427411