cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not select Media Set

Level 2
I am trying to create a new backup job from Job Definition. I make my selections but from the general tab, I only get Media Set 1 and not any of my other media sets.

Thanks

Tim
7 REPLIES 7

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

To isolate the cause of the issue try creating a new job by clicking on the "BACKUP" tab and see if you can see the other media sets.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
There is no response from the customer within 2 days from the last reply by Veritas

expertgeek
Level 3
Hello,

I have the same problem in the BACKUP tab creating a new job, creating/editing job templates, or editing jobs derived from templates. There are no media sets to select from in the drop down box.

Doesn't make sense, I have valid media sets with media assigned, but Ihave also observed that Media Set 1 got recreated when I installed SP2 (I deleted it once before).

I would expect to select any media set that exists in the Media tab.

How do I make this work as expected?

Thanks,
Ken

BES Premium 9.1 SP2, Win 2K SBS

Level 2
The reason why you had not heard from me is because your system did not notify me that an answer had been provided to my post, it was only because expertgeek posted that I got notification.

I tried using the Backup button at the top (I presume you meant this as opposed to the tab) and I still cannot choose a media set. I beleive my original backup was set up through the wizard and it chose a media set at that stage....possibly.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

If you have used the 'Media rotation wizard' to create Media Sets then the Media sets do not appear in normal backup jobs.
Refer to the following Technote to understand more on this:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/231464

To manually create user defined Media sets, refer to the following Technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/236670

I hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards.

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.

expertgeek
Level 3
UPDATE: This resolved my issue. I created new Media Sets and was able to select them for my new jobs. Not intuitive, but at least it now works as expected.

Thank you.