cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect/Lost Connection

sdcadmin
Level 5

I am receiving some connection errors.

V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost.

V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine.

I am using BE 2010 v13.0.  I have researched the errors and haven't been able to find a resolution that addresses these errors.  The remote agent is on the machines and installed properly.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

William

12 REPLIES 12

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

make sure the remote agent is updated on the remote machines. Also when do you get this error message. Does it happen for all of them or sepcific client. Please put more inputs to narrow down the situation.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

On the target servers, make sure that the BE Remote Agent service is running.

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

1 Please let me know what type of backup you are performing is it any sort of application backup like exchange or sql

2 Also is there any firewall in between the backup & remote server if yes may be open ports or on that remote server if there is any firewall disable & check if that helps

Also you can click on link below for further references

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65041

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129908

3 If that still doesnot help please post the relevant events log at that time when the job is failing on that remote server

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

Any updates on same

Thank You

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi William,

If the above doesn't work, you can consider removing the RAWS agent, and then reinstalling it via a push-install from your selection list. This would rule out application corruption on the target server.

Thanks!

sdcadmin
Level 5

Hi Sazz,

It occurs on different agents, some more often than others.  The agent is installed and up to date on the target systems.

sdcadmin
Level 5

Hi pkh,

Yes, the services are running.

sdcadmin
Level 5

I am performing  sql backups.  There isn't a firewall in between.

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Also think this might be known issue in your case as the following doc mention the same & the issue will be resolved in BE 2010 r3

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137483

So seems to be more of an known issue

Thank You

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...please quote a reference where this will be fixed by BE 2010 R3, as the TN only mentions this as being affected up to BE 12.5...

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

As per the Etrack for symantec which is internal it shows that this issue will be resolved in BE 2010 r3 which would be next release so there is no such public document yet referring the same but internal document is there which I cannot give a link for

Thank You

sdcadmin
Level 5

Hi Itsmeaffinity,

I looked at the events log.  I am receiving one of the following

257 - Would be blocked by access protection rule (rule is in warn-only mode)(Virtual Machine Protection: Prevent modification of VMWare workstation files and settings)

258 - Would be blocked by port blocking rule (rule is in warn-only mode)(Anti-virus standard protection: Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail)

The 257 error occurs when the original job is backed up, which is a B2D job.  The 258 error occurs when the B2D job is backed up to tape.

Thanks,

William