cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Recognize Exabyte Robotic Arm

Robert_Cibrario
Level 3
Exabyte does not show up under BEs Robotic Library but it's Stand-alone Drive instead.

Window's Device Mgr shows Exabyte VXA-2 under Tape Drive and Unknown Medium Changer under Medium Changer.

Q1: How do we get Veritas BE to recognize the PacketLoaders Robotic arm? AT present the 1x10 autoloader operates as

single manual load tape drive.

Q2: The Exabyte allows Random or Sequential operation. Can I assuem that Random refers to the manuals refernce os SCSI

mode? I need Veritas BE to control the autoloader.

thanks

Kit:
Exabyte 1x10 PacketLoader
Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 for Windows
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

As you are using VXA Autopak 1x10 Autoloader then you need to change the Emulation mode of the changer to a 210.
To do this go to the library config menu from the main menu, then arrow to change emulation mode, change it to emulate a 210 then reload the Veritas drivers.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be

marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.

Andrew_Keeney
Not applicable
To the current Moderator:

Please have this issue listed in your Knowledge Base. I'd been working at this for hours before I found this post. I had tried the 110 emulation but not 210. I had thoroughly searched the KB here and at Exabyte's site with no luck. I'm sure others will run into this as it is not listed in the literature with BEWS or the VXA packetloader. I hope the next person who has this issue doesn't have to spend hours just looking for a solution when it is this easy.

Thanks for your help.