cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create duplicate job

Leland_Albro
Level 2
I have a USB external hard drive installed on my server. I am wanting to setup a duplicate backup job to copy the backup to the external drive.

Is this the correct way to have an offsite backup?

I get an error saying that I either don't have a backup job scheduled or I have a job that is already associated to a duplicate job.

I do have 2 backup jobs scheduled (differenital, full). I also don't have any duplicate jobs created.
1 REPLY 1

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

You can schedule to duplicate the backup jobs on to the external drive.

The USB device should appear as a drive letter to the operating system. Then you need to create removable backup-to-disk folders on that drive.

Under the devices tab, go to Removable backup to disk folder option and then right click removable backup to disk option and select 'New backup folder'. Select the drive letter of the USB device for creating this backup folder. Then perform the backup or duplicate backup.

Refer to the following technote for step by step information on how to duplicate backup sets in Backup Exec v9.1

Technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255866.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.