cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find the problem

Cragdoo
Level 2
I have a windows 2000 server running 9.1 (rev 4691) , the backups have started failing with one of the following errors

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa00084f9 - A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent.

Final error category: Resource Errors

or

Job ended: 25 March 2007 at 17:04:38
Completed status: Canceled, timed out
Final error: 0x0 -
Final error category: Other Errors

But it doesn't really point to any obvious problem. I have collected a SGMON file , but due to the 20000 character llimit I cant post it here. ! ANy suggestions ?
4 REPLIES 4

Cragdoo
Level 2
have uploaded the SGMON , it can be found here for more information

can anyone help me find the problem , this is driving me insane

thanks in advance for your help

Bob_Richardson
Level 4

@Cragdoo wrote:
have uploaded the SGMON , it can be found here for more information

can anyone help me find the problem , this is driving me insane

thanks in advance for your help

You may want to include some more historical information. How long have the backups been running with no problems?

Have you had any updates on the server running the backups or the machine that you can no longer access?

Have you tried to reboot the machine that is doing the backups? Have you tried to reinstall the remote agent or stop and restart the remote agent service? What OS are the machines running? Are these machines on a sub network?

You wouldn't take your car to the mechanic and tell him only that the car is broken. The more specific you are with your problem the quicker people can help you troubleshoot the issue.

Cragdoo
Level 2
How long have the backups been running with no problems? up unitl 28th Feb 07

Have you had any updates on the server running the backups or the machine that you can no longer access? No updates have been run or any changes to backup job

Have you tried to reboot the machine that is doing the backups? Yes but problem still persists

Have you tried to reinstall the remote agent or stop and restart the remote agent service? Yes but problem still persists

What OS are the machines running? WIndows 2000 SP4

Are these machines on a sub network? No , all on the the same network

You wouldn't take your car to the mechanic and tell him only that the car is broken. The more specific you are with your problem the quicker people can help you troubleshoot the issue. Hence the reason I provided the error codes and the SGMON log

Bob_Richardson
Level 4
   Can you run a new job? Select a file from a few servers on the network and see if that runs just to eliminate the remote agent access issue. Determine if your job is corrupt somehow.

Best way to determine problems is to start small then add more as you have positive results.