cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install remote agents to PC's on other domain

Jeff_Mock_2
Level 3
I'm attempting to install the remote agent on a few servers that aren't on the same domain as the backup exec server. For some reason, whenever I try to do this, I get an error saying "unable to determine if <server name> is a 32-bit or 64-bit system." If I try to install the agent on a server that is part of the same domain, it works fine. The domain that the backup exec server is a part of uses Active Directory and the servers that are on the separate domain are not on active directory.
1 REPLY 1

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi Jeff,

Try running a manual install of the remote agent.  Copy the RAWS32 directory from the media server to the root of c on the remote server.   The location for RAWS32  c:\program files\Symantec\Backup Exec\ Agents .
Once you have the raws32 on the remote server go to a command prompt switch to c:\raws32  .  If you only need to install the remote agent type  setupaa.cmd   if you need to install the Advance Open file Option with the remote agent type in setupaofo.cmd  then press enter.  Go into the windows services and check for Backup Exec remote agent for windows server.

Regards,
harmstrong
Symantec