cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't recover past 4 days?

PeretzStern
Level 3

I'm running Backup Exec 12 on a Dell T124 (tape library). I noticed that if I go to create a "restore job" I only see the last 4 days. I've been running this for 12 days resulting in a successfully backup every time. I have the job set to the Dell library rather then just the tape.

The only thing I can think of is that under "device & media" it's set to "append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available".  actually it keeps on writing to the same tape without going to the next one. I have 7 tapes + 1 cleaning tape. it's an LTO3 (400/800). I'm backing up about 400GB daily.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
What kind of drive do you have?  How large is your backup?

From Tools\Media Mangement, is the option to "Use overwriteable media in target media set before scratch" set, or the other -"Use scratch before ..."

If you inventory all the slots,  what are the overwrite and append dates for the tape volumes that are mounted?

Raven
Level 3
Might be a stupid suggestion, but make sure the "Beginning backup date" (right above the resource view) is not checked. After upgrading to v12 this box is always checked default on my server for some reason.