cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select Sharepoint configuration DB for backup

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
I'm trying to backup my Sharepoint Server Farm but I can't select any of the databases for backup except "Index DB 1", which is physically located on the Sharepoint webserver.

All the other databases Content DB, Services DB, User Profile DB, Configuration DB are located on a separate SQL2000 server.
When I try to select any of these I get a logon error similar to the following:-

"Failed to access Configuration DB (SQLSERVER\SPS01_Config_db)
Logon account: System Logon Account

The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Please select a login account from the list"

I've tried several accounts all of which have DB owner rights to the databases and I can access the databases using other methods OK using the same accounts.
4 REPLIES 4

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
I'm not sure if this is relevant to BE11 but I read on the BE10 forum that the BE10 Sharepoint agent doesn't work on x64 servers?

Our SQL server is running W2003 x64 and has the BE11 x64 agent installed

As BE11 is supposed to fully support x64 I doubt this is the issue, but could someone confirm either way?

Thanks

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
If 64 bit SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition is hosting the backend Sharepoint databases, most likely it will not work. Neither 10d nor 11d will work with Sharepoint backend databases hosted on 64 bit SQL 2000 or SQL 2005. We've seen 10d give the same error you're getting with databases hosted on 64bit SQL 2005 so most likely that's the cause.

Russ

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
It's 32bit SQL2000, MS don't do an x64 version, but it's running on an x64 W2003 server.

If that is the problem it can't be the SQL2000 but it may be that the x64 BE11 agent doesn't support Sharepoint possibly?

I'd like a definative answer from Symantec as that'll save me buying any BE11 Sharepoint agent licenses

DanielBickford
Level 6
Employee Certified
Per the Software Compatibility List page 19, a 32bit media server cannot protect a 64bit Sharepoint server.

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/286600.pdf

Sorry for the inconveneince.