cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can two media servers use same SQL instance for database storage?

Jim_Willson
Level 3
Hello,

I have two Windows 2008 servers both running BE 12.5. What I would like to do is move their databases off of the local SQL Express instance and onto a SQL 2005 server. The first server transferred the location over to the SQL 2005 server with no problem using 'beutility', but when I try to modify the second server I get an error message stating "Database BEDB already exists on server DB1, and is used by another media server.".

Is there a way to change the database name on the second server to something other than BEDB? If not, what are my choices so that I can have both databases on the same SQL 2005 server?

Thank you,

Jim Willson
1 REPLY 1

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Is there a way to change the database name on the second server to something other than BEDB? Not at this time.

If not, what are my choices so that I can have both databases on the same SQL 2005 server?
The easiest way to get this would be to create 2 seperate instances of SQL 2005 on the same server.  This would allow both Media Servers to use the same server, but they would have their own instances of SQL.